An Introduction to FPGA Programming
London, 20-21 April 2013
Organised by OSC member embecosm
All original materials used in the workshop will be made available under open licences and published to GitHub.
Free FPGA development systems will be given to the first five teachers that both register and complete the workshop.
- an FPGA primer and introduction to the Verilog HDL
- practical sessions of increasing complexity starting with a simple counter
- implementing a UART transmitter and if time permits a UART receiver
- an introduction to the OpenRISC Reference Platform system-on-chip (ORPSoC), and a practical exercise
- an introduction to the use of Verilog in creating software models of processor designs capable of running programs and having a debugger attached to them.
17 April 2013