1. To lead and advocate the use and development of open standards and free and open source software, hardware, and data and associated services in the UK whilst interacting with law and policy makers.
2. To be a voice for the industry, representing these areas and build a body of expertise and experience in the field.
3. To provide tools and resources for members, a network through which members can access peer support, relevant events and commercial opportunities
Through our current initiatives, we are working towards the following aspirations:
- Raising the profile of our industry
- Developing the marketplace of professional Free & Open Source software, hardware and data product and service suppliers
- Becoming the go-to place for Open software, hardware and data expertise in the UK
- Promoting practical Open principles and showcasing successful implementations across open soure software, open hardware and open data