Open Standards for Open Government?
Monday 30 April 2012, London
The Policy Exchange is holding an open event discussing the role of open standards in UK public policy: Open standards for open government?
- Adam Afriyie MP | Shadow Minister for Science and Innovation, 2007-2010 | Chair of the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology, and President of the Conservative Technology Forum
- Dr Chris Francis | Technical Relations, IBM
- Stephen Mutkoski | Worldwide Policy Director, International Government Affairs, Microsoft
- Phil Archer | Technology and Society, W3C
- Gerry Gavigan | Chair of the Open Source Consortium
- Chaired by Chris Yiu | Head of the Digital Government Unit at Policy Exchange
The agenda for this event will focus on the role of open standards in UK public > policy. How much potential is there for open standards to power public sector reform, catalyse competition and contribute to economic growth? If open standards in the public sector are a policy goal, then what will it take to deliver change?
Download a study on the importance of royalty free open standards
We have just published a report on the wider importance of royalty free open standards and you can download it here (65 pages, pdf, approx 1.8MByte).