Silver lining: how the cloud is transforming government IT
Wednesday 12 October 2011, London
We will be presenting at the inaugural Huddle government cloud conference
On Wednesday 12 October, Huddle will be launching its first government cloud event with its partner FutureGov.
The event will bring together CIOs, technology directors, programme managers and thought leaders in central and local government, independent analysts and journalists to discuss:
- The UK government’s official cloud strategy and how it compares to the cloud strategy of European and US governments
- The success of cloud deployments within local councils and how the cloud is being used to drive efficiency
- What the public sector can learn from the private sector when it comes to cloud computing
- How the cloud can liberate product teams
- Public vs private clouds: which clouds should the public sector use and when?
Gerry Gavigan, OSC Chair, will be expressing caution on adopting the cloud, presenting on the dangers to the local economy and the unique features of the value of data underpined by the recent report by the UK Government Public AdministrationSelect Committee findings from its Inquiry into Government IT.