CLOSED – WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Support Manager, OpenUK – Full time or 4 days per week
Remote, resident anywhere in the UK but with a preference for London where the CEO is located.
Salary Level dependent on experience – £25k-£35k.
25 days holiday per year, pro rated if part time.
The organisation for the business of Open Technology in the UK. Open Technology is the 3 Opens: open source software, open hardware and open data.
OpenUK promotes businesses, projects and people, who use and develop Open Technology in the UK and collaborates with existing organisations in Open Technology to deliver through 3 Pillars: Community: creating a cohesive community across the UK. Legal and Policy: using this community’s influence to make the UK a great place for Open Technology through appropriate laws and policies; and Learning: promoting education and learning of skills in Open Technology. Our 2022 focus will be on Skills, Security and Sustainability.
We are a UK not for profit, industry organisation and advocacy body funded by partner donation and sponsorship.
About The Role
You will be reporting to and work closely with the CEO, ideally becoming her trusted “right hand” and over time, know when to act and when to ask. You will also work with and support all members of the Leadership team who work part-time on a mixture of paid and pro-bono bases and interact with the organisation’s volunteers.
This is an opportunity to support the senior team through the organisation’s most exciting scale-up phase, as a rapidly growing, fast paced, not for profit, managed as a bootstrapping start-up responding to many and varied opportunities. This requires both the ability to be organised / deliver to plan and to be flexible to new requests and change, with a varied and full workload which may require rapid delivery. A cool head and can-do attitude are critical.
You will be responsible for delivery of support activities to become a trusted support to the Leadership Team and volunteers which will include:
- Using our Digital tools include – GSuite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Miro, Youtube, GitHub, Trello, Slack, Hubspot, Signal, social media and alternatives to these over time. Experience in at least some of these, particularly GSuite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, will be essential as will an ability to work with slides.
- Setting up and supporting events, including speaker and provider liaison and travel organisation. Our events are both large and small ranging from a handful of attendees to several hundred. Events will be online, in person and hybrid as appropriate. May involve some travel and evening work.
- Managing the production of a regular newsletter using Mailchimp and group communications on behalf of the CEO and organisation and a number of mailing lists.
- Managing organisational databases, contacts and mailings across a variety of tools.
- Managing website content on WordPress site including uploading and managing site content as directed and ongoing as agreed eg adding all new joiners, press and newsletters.
- Creating and managing digital assets including event videos and social media assets.
- Onboarding of new joiners and updating associated lists and tools.
- Working with and supporting a number of groups and their comms.
- Liaising with all volunteers.
- Supporting the CEO and organisation partners in the creation of several reports per year and regular comms and press.
- Organisation of work groups and team meetings using Google Meet and calendar.
- Supporting funding applications and sponsorship, managing standard wording and form completion.
- Managing organisational records and metrics.
- Co-ordinating and answering third party queries in liaison with team.
- Taking meeting minutes and arranging for approval and sharing of these.
- Supporting some finance management.
Skills and Attributes
OpenUK seeks a highly organised, efficient, individual with experience remote working using digital tools and with an eye for detail. It will be essential that you are able to work at pace in a demanding and rewarding environment. Strong digital skills are essential and having an overall awareness of the organisation’s activities to keep track of projects and their delivery.
An understanding of Open Technology, whilst favourable, is not required.
Join a warm and welcoming group – a sense of humour is essential.
For more information about the role or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org