Develop and sustain UK leadership in learning and education in Open technology.
- Open technology is the norm across UK public services, businesses and individuals.
- The UK is recognised as the leader in education and skills training in Open technology.
- Open technology forms the basis of the UK’s thriving knowledge economy.
- Creating educational qualifications to promote Open Technology.
- Developing and supporting education in Open Technology by the promotion of learning and education for school age children.
- Developing and supporting education in Open Technology for all other individuals, to facilitate the UK’s Leadership in Open Technology.
- OpenUK Schools Competition in 2020, finals to be in the Red Hat Innovation Labs as part of the OpenUK Week
- Creation of a GCSE and Scottish O-Grade in Open Technology to launch in 2021
- Creation of a Certified Apprenticeship Scheme with a view to launch in 2021
- Regional Coding Camps in Open Technology in 2021
Pamela Boal - Chair Schools Curriculum Work Stream
Chris Pinnock - Chair Apprenticeship Work Stream
Schools Curriculum in Open Technology
Open Kids Camps
Sign up to the OpenUK newsletter to receive the latest general updates from OpenUK, news and events information or email email@example.com to join our Learning Group
Blogs of interest
On October 19th and 20th, long running open source event OggCamp will have its next outing in Manchester, UK. OggCamp is named for the file...Read more Read more about post: OggCamp
Open Source Rocks UK Tech Leaders Awards
Tech Leaders’ Summit is an annual event organised by Technology Insider Magazine and Bonhill Group techleaderssummit.com. It’s billed as the biggest tech-leaders’ event in the...Read more Read more about post: Open Source Rocks UK Tech Leaders Awards