OpenUK advocates for Open Technology being open source software, open source hardware and open data, “Open” in and for business communities across the UK.
As an industry advocacy organisation, OpenUK gives its participants greater influence than they could ever achieve alone. We provide a collective voice for Open Technology and support a wide range of initiatives and activities focused on:
- creating a single, loud voice for open and a visible community in the UK;
- creating a legal and policy environment suitable for Open Technology in the UK; and
- learning, education and vocational skills in Open Technology in the UK
OpenUK’s vision is that:
- Open Technology is the norm across UK public services, businesses and individuals;
- The UK is recognised as the leader in education and skills training in Open Technology; and
- Open Technology forms the basis of the UK’s thriving knowledge economy.
Our Members, Sponsors and Participants advocate and support OpenUK’s values around Open Technology. We represent a body of expertise through our OpenUK Participants, including our Members and Sponsors.
OpenUK offers a central point of collaboration for an increasing number of national and international organisations with compatible aims and objectives, our Friends.
OpenUK is registered in England and Wales as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. Our company registration number is: 11209475 and our registered office is at 75 Kenton St, Saint Pancras, London WC1N 1NN
OpenUK is managed and governed by a Board of Directors who are accountable to the company as guarantors.