OpenUK advocates for Open Technology being open source software, open source hardware and open data, “Open” in and for business communities across the UK.
OpenUK’s Purpose is to develop UK leadership and global collaboration in open technology.
As an industry advocacy organisation, OpenUK gives its Participants greater influence than they could ever achieve alone. We provide a collective voice for Open Technology and support a wide range of initiatives and activities focused on:
- Creating a single, loud voice for Open Technology and a visible community in the UK;
- Creating a legal and policy environment suitable for Open Technology in the UK; and,
- Learning, education and vocational skills in Open Technology in the UK.
OpenUK’s vision is that:
- The UK is a global leader in open technology;
- Open Technology is the norm across UK public services, businesses and individuals; and
- Open Technology forms the basis of the UK’s thriving digital economy.
OpenUK’s mission is to:
- Lead and advocate for the use and development of Open technology and associated services while interacting with law and policy makers.
- Be a cohesive global voice for the business of open technology, representing and bringing together Open in the UK.
- Build a body of expertise and experience and provide tools and resources about the Open sectors.
Our Participants are made up of our organisational Friends and Partners and individual Volunteers and Supporters who advocate and support OpenUK’s values around Open Technology.
We represent a body of expertise through our OpenUK Participants.
OpenUK offers a central point of collaboration for an increasing number of national and international organisations with compatible aims and objectives, our Friends and organisations of which we are Members.
OpenUK is registered in England and Wales as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. Our company registration number is: 11209475 and our registered office is at 8 Coldbath Square, London, EC1R 5HL