- This event has passed.
Summit: Rochester Institute of Technology- Open work in Academia
September 7, 2022 - September 9, 2022
The time is ripe to look at Open Work across communities to compare, contrast,
and cross-pollinate best practices.
- The National Science Foundation is soliciting proposals for funding to support “Open Source Ecosystems” to improve sustainability, impact, and translation of “open source research products.”
- The National Institutes of Health has released new policy to improve and refine the sharing of, and collaboration around, research data.
- The National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) have issued a tool kit to improve and encourage university support of Open Scholarship.
- Across the European Union, the creation of national policies on Open Science and Open Source Program Offices (OSPOs) for Government is accelerating.
- OSPOs have been created by a few universites to utilize techniques pioneered in private industry to better facilitate academic Open Work.
Open@RIT invites professionals from the Academic, Research and Open Source communities for a two and a half day gathering to explore topics such as:
- Measures of value, impact and translation of Open Work
- Policies around support and promotion for success in that work
- Building, sustaining and promoting Open Communities and Ecosystems
- Managing information overload and ferment in the field+
- Existing practices and resources provided by academia to support Open Scholarship and industry