We are at a crossroads for technology and politics. Charlene Barshefsky, a former US trade representative writing in the Financial Times, has warned of an “incipient techno-nationalism”, which she sees emerging in Europe, and worries that EU digital protectionism risks damaging ties with the US. At the same time Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron have both warned of the threats posed by US Big Tech firms, and have proposed that Europe should protect its own digital economy against predation.
Recent Press Posts
- DiversityQ shortlists Amanda Brock, CEO in Women in IT Awards 2021
- Tech for Good features OpenUK’s consortium for a Carbon Negative Data Centre
- IT Pro asks Why arn’t women heading more tech startups?
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26