Amanda Brock, CEO of OpenUK – an organisation dedicated to supporting open-source technologies in the UK – said, “Standards and interoperability are coming. Changing providers looks expensive to companies, but regulators are driving us down the route of having something that isn’t vendor-specific.” She added, “We’ve already seen it around open banking, [and] we’re definitely going to see it around power, and probably cloud.”
Recent Press Posts
- Amanda Brock quoted in Computing aritcle on Elastic’s move to proprietary licensing for cloud providers
- Should you be worried about cloud lock-in?
- A dedicated licence for open-source hardware: CERN OHL approved by OSI
- Amanda Brock asks “Where’s the UK’s Digital Strategy?” in Computer Weekly
- Gaia-X: A Standardised Approach to Data Sovereignty