Chief Community Officer For OpenUK – Part time
Location: Remote, resident anywhere in the UK
Salary: Pro Bono
OpenUK is the UK’s industry organisation and advocacy body for Open Technology being open source software, open hardware and open data, across the UK.
As an industry organisation, OpenUK gives its Participants greater influence than they could ever achieve alone. OpenUK is committed to supporting collaboration between businesses, public sector organisations, government and communities to expand the opportunities available to all around Open Technology.
Based on its 3 Pillars: Community; Legal and Policy; and Learning, it is building a visible and vocal community across Open Technology, influencing the UK’s laws and policies to make the UK a great place for Open and promoting learning in Open Technology across the UK. As a UK organisation OpenUK is not inward focused and collaborates globally and participate in many international projects and organisations.
OpenUK is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, company number 11209475
About The Role
Reporting to the CEO, you will be spearheading the community development and participate as part of the Leadership team through the organisation’s most exciting scale-up phase, managing a developing NGO, effectively a bootstrapping start-up, by supporting the Community Pillar of OpenUK’s activities, implementing the Road Map for the Pillar, meeting OKR’s by building its Ambassador Programme and Supporters and supporting the various work streams in the Pillar including Events, Awards and Museums. This will involve team activities with the Leadership Team and various Group and Work Stream leads as well as working to organisational goals.
- Prepared to represent OpenUK in community activities to bring together a significant and cohesive UK community across the Three Opens.
- Build a team of Ambassadors to promote OpenUK across the UK and work with them to roll out and build the new Supporter model, developing a significant support of the organisation.
- Support the Chief Business Development Officer in their proposition development and engagement with and fund raising from potential and existing Donors and Sponsors.
Skills and Attributes
- You will have a solid understanding of at least one of open source software, hardware and data preferred and relationships with existing communities in the UK. A willingness to meet and get to know more of those communities and to stand forward as a leader.
- Management and leadership skills with a can do and collaborative approach are a must.
- Comfortable speaking at and leading events.
- Ideal role for someone developing further skills.
- Join a warm and welcoming group and commit 4 days a month /1 day a week, timed to suit the successful candidate’s availability.
For more information about the role or to apply contact: email@example.com