“Yes of course it’s perfectly true that it would be great to have an app, but no country in the world has a functioning track and trace app,” Boris Johnson claimed last Tuesday in the House of Commons. Keir Starmer calmly pointed out that Germany has precisely such an app. This prompts the question of who is advising the UK Government on technology and how our Prime Minister could be so misinformed.
Recent Press Posts
- Amanda Brock asks “Where’s the UK’s Digital Strategy?” in Computer Weekly
- Gaia-X: A Standardised Approach to Data Sovereignty
- Amanda Brock, OpenUK CEO, quoted in The Register discussing SSPL
- Andrew Katz named as top 100 influencer in Open Hardware in the UK – B4
- Big tech versus regulation – the start of an interesting decade, by Amanda Brock