“Yes of course it’s perfectly true that it would be great to have an app, but no country in the world has a functioning track and trace app,” Boris Johnson claimed last Tuesday in the House of Commons. Keir Starmer calmly pointed out that Germany has precisely such an app. This prompts the question of who is advising the UK Government on technology and how our Prime Minister could be so misinformed.
Recent Press Posts
- The Register features OpenUK’s comment on Richard Stallman’s return to FSF
- TechRepublic asks whether the UK is becoming the open source capital of Europe
- TechMonitor outlines alternative priorities for the UK – including building on the UK’s status as a leader in Open Source
- TechRadar says “Open source software is more important to the UK than ever”
- The Developer features OpenUK State of Open Report