“Yes of course it’s perfectly true that it would be great to have an app, but no country in the world has a functioning track and trace app,” Boris Johnson claimed last Tuesday in the House of Commons. Keir Starmer calmly pointed out that Germany has precisely such an app. This prompts the question of who is advising the UK Government on technology and how our Prime Minister could be so misinformed.
Recent Press Posts
- DiversityQ shortlists Amanda Brock, CEO in Women in IT Awards 2021
- Tech for Good features OpenUK’s consortium for a Carbon Negative Data Centre
- IT Pro asks Why arn’t women heading more tech startups?
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26