In this podcast, we ask Brock about the changes she has seen in the U.K., post-Brexit, as well as the open source culture in the country, and what can be done to bring more visibility to the vast pools of developer talent that the country possesses.
Then later in the show, we discuss the top topics on the site for the week, including the need to improve user interfaces, Bruce Perens’ departure from the Open Source Initiative, a new World Wide Web Consortium standard that will help distributed tracing, and the surprising utility of the humble Unix awk command.
Recent Press Posts
- DiversityQ shortlists Amanda Brock, CEO in Women in IT Awards 2021
- Tech for Good features OpenUK’s consortium for a Carbon Negative Data Centre
- IT Pro asks Why arn’t women heading more tech startups?
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26