OpenUK CEO Amanda Brock says: “I don’t think anybody, anywhere, really has a clear answer as to why there wasn’t more of a joined-up approach at the beginning. Every government went off and did their own thing, Google and Apple went off and did their own thing.
“I guess there’s always a bit of a feeling that we’re special and we need to do our own thing and work with our existing legacy systems.”
Recent Press Posts
- The Register features OpenUK’s comment on Richard Stallman’s return to FSF
- TechRepublic asks whether the UK is becoming the open source capital of Europe
- TechMonitor outlines alternative priorities for the UK – including building on the UK’s status as a leader in Open Source
- TechRadar says “Open source software is more important to the UK than ever”
- The Developer features OpenUK State of Open Report