OpenUK CEO Amanda Brock says: “I don’t think anybody, anywhere, really has a clear answer as to why there wasn’t more of a joined-up approach at the beginning. Every government went off and did their own thing, Google and Apple went off and did their own thing.
“I guess there’s always a bit of a feeling that we’re special and we need to do our own thing and work with our existing legacy systems.”
Recent Press Posts
- Amanda Brock asks “Where’s the UK’s Digital Strategy?” in Computer Weekly
- Gaia-X: A Standardised Approach to Data Sovereignty
- Amanda Brock, OpenUK CEO, quoted in The Register discussing SSPL
- Andrew Katz named as top 100 influencer in Open Hardware in the UK – B4
- Big tech versus regulation – the start of an interesting decade, by Amanda Brock