CIO choices: 2. Can open source reduce lock-in?
Open source software and open APIs have increased the range of options available to IT leaders, but has the problem moved elsewhere?
In an ideal world, IT leaders would be free to move data and systems to wherever performance is highest, service levels are best or prices are most reasonable.
Recent Press Posts
- The Register features OpenUK’s comment on Richard Stallman’s return to FSF
- TechRepublic asks whether the UK is becoming the open source capital of Europe
- TechMonitor outlines alternative priorities for the UK – including building on the UK’s status as a leader in Open Source
- TechRadar says “Open source software is more important to the UK than ever”
- The Developer features OpenUK State of Open Report