CIO choices: 2. Can open source reduce lock-in?
Open source software and open APIs have increased the range of options available to IT leaders, but has the problem moved elsewhere?
In an ideal world, IT leaders would be free to move data and systems to wherever performance is highest, service levels are best or prices are most reasonable.
Recent Press Posts
- DiversityQ shortlists Amanda Brock, CEO in Women in IT Awards 2021
- Tech for Good features OpenUK’s consortium for a Carbon Negative Data Centre
- IT Pro asks Why arn’t women heading more tech startups?
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26