CIO choices: 2. Can open source reduce lock-in?
Open source software and open APIs have increased the range of options available to IT leaders, but has the problem moved elsewhere?
In an ideal world, IT leaders would be free to move data and systems to wherever performance is highest, service levels are best or prices are most reasonable.
Recent Press Posts
- Amanda Brock asks “Where’s the UK’s Digital Strategy?” in Computer Weekly
- Gaia-X: A Standardised Approach to Data Sovereignty
- Amanda Brock, OpenUK CEO, quoted in The Register discussing SSPL
- Andrew Katz named as top 100 influencer in Open Hardware in the UK – B4
- Big tech versus regulation – the start of an interesting decade, by Amanda Brock