Covid-19 and contact tracing — an open source approach is vital
Matt Hancock has confirmed that a government contact tracing app will be trialled on the Isle of White from today. The app is designed to notify users that they have been in contact with actual or suspected cases of Covid-19, allowing them to follow enhanced social distancing and other appropriate actions like avoiding contact with people who are vulnerable. It then relies on the self-reporting of symptoms.
Recent Press Posts
- DiversityQ shortlists Amanda Brock, CEO in Women in IT Awards 2021
- Tech for Good features OpenUK’s consortium for a Carbon Negative Data Centre
- IT Pro asks Why arn’t women heading more tech startups?
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26