Covid-19 and contact tracing — an open source approach is vital
Matt Hancock has confirmed that a government contact tracing app will be trialled on the Isle of White from today. The app is designed to notify users that they have been in contact with actual or suspected cases of Covid-19, allowing them to follow enhanced social distancing and other appropriate actions like avoiding contact with people who are vulnerable. It then relies on the self-reporting of symptoms.
Recent Press Posts
- Amanda Brock asks “Where’s the UK’s Digital Strategy?” in Computer Weekly
- Gaia-X: A Standardised Approach to Data Sovereignty
- Amanda Brock, OpenUK CEO, quoted in The Register discussing SSPL
- Andrew Katz named as top 100 influencer in Open Hardware in the UK – B4
- Big tech versus regulation – the start of an interesting decade, by Amanda Brock