“I would say it’s a virtual environment that takes the software that used to run your systems on local servers or desktops and places it in a third-party environment where it’s hosted by experts,” says Amanda Brock, CEO of OpenUK and previously a lawyer working in the tech sector for the past 30 years.
Recent Press Posts
- The Register features OpenUK’s comment on Richard Stallman’s return to FSF
- TechRepublic asks whether the UK is becoming the open source capital of Europe
- TechMonitor outlines alternative priorities for the UK – including building on the UK’s status as a leader in Open Source
- TechRadar says “Open source software is more important to the UK than ever”
- The Developer features OpenUK State of Open Report