Last month, the OpenForum Europe (OFE) think tank, under instruction from the European Commission estimated that open source developers could potentially help save the EU between €65 billion ($77.8 billion) and €95 billion ($113.7 billion).
The OpenUK report draws on these calculations and combines them with its own figures that pegged the number of UK-based open source contributors at 126,000 in 2019. ”
Recent Press Posts
- DiversityQ shortlists Amanda Brock, CEO in Women in IT Awards 2021
- Tech for Good features OpenUK’s consortium for a Carbon Negative Data Centre
- IT Pro asks Why arn’t women heading more tech startups?
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26