Amanda Brock, CEO, OpenUK: “The UK has some of the world’s leading open source companies that started their projects here and are now expanding internationally. The country also has a swathe of talented developers and contributors all taking part in the global open community, providing a huge economic injection for the UK as well as working with others around the world. The UK Government can support this further by expanding teaching around IT and open source to ensure the right skills are there for the future, and by increasing adoption of open source software in the public sector through the creation of an Open Source Program Office for the UK.”
Recent Press Posts
- DiversityQ shortlists Amanda Brock, CEO in Women in IT Awards 2021
- Tech for Good features OpenUK’s consortium for a Carbon Negative Data Centre
- IT Pro asks Why arn’t women heading more tech startups?
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26