“Despite its operatic acronym, ARIA is nothing to do with divas. Rather, the initials stand for Advanced Research and Invention Agency, a new office set up by the UK Government to lead on technology development and scientific breakthroughs. The aim for this new organisation is to think through problems in new ways and not be bound by more traditional management approaches or governmental processes.
The Bill to create ARIA is currently working its way through Parliament. It was the brainchild of Dominic Cummings, who viewed this as a way to get innovation kickstarted. The organisation is also due to appoint its first chief executive officer…”
Recent Press Posts
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26
- Amanda Brock CEO speaks about GAIA-X on the Uptime Punks Podcast
- ComputingWeekly features Amanda Brock’s CEO comments on Grafana’s AGPLv3 licence
- Computing quotes Amanda Brock, CEO on Grafana Labs latest licensing change