The UK’s NHSX app, developed with the support of developers from a number of large companies including VMware Pivotal, was announced on 12 April by Matt Hancock. It has been tested on the Isle of Wight since 5 May, and its development was apparently far speedier than the Google / Apple API project or other countries’ apps. The code for the front end was released on 7 May under the open source MIT licence.
Recent Press Posts
- The Register features OpenUK’s comment on Richard Stallman’s return to FSF
- TechRepublic asks whether the UK is becoming the open source capital of Europe
- TechMonitor outlines alternative priorities for the UK – including building on the UK’s status as a leader in Open Source
- TechRadar says “Open source software is more important to the UK than ever”
- The Developer features OpenUK State of Open Report