Of course, there’s the cloud of past European failures hanging over initiatives like this but, according to Amanda Brock, CEO of open standards group Open UK, there are some notable differences this time around. “There are big differences between the world back then and the world we’re in now,” she said. “We’re seeing how Margrethe Vestager [the EU competition commissioner] is now getting to grips with competition.”
Recent Press Posts
- DiversityQ shortlists Amanda Brock, CEO in Women in IT Awards 2021
- Tech for Good features OpenUK’s consortium for a Carbon Negative Data Centre
- IT Pro asks Why arn’t women heading more tech startups?
- Listen to the OpenTeams podcast with Amanda Brock on the state of OSS in UK, the OIN & defensive patents
- The WB-40 podcast speaks to Amanda Brock, CEO on a research project on the UK Open Technology Market and COP26