“Open source technology contributes an economic boost of up to £43 billion ($60.22bn) to the UK, according to a new report, which suggests the UK leads Europe in open source development.
The first part of a three-phase report by open source non-profit OpenUK was released this week, assessing the current state of open source in the UK and the country’s position in the global open source landscape.”
Recent Press Posts
- The Register features OpenUK’s comment on Richard Stallman’s return to FSF
- TechRepublic asks whether the UK is becoming the open source capital of Europe
- TechMonitor outlines alternative priorities for the UK – including building on the UK’s status as a leader in Open Source
- TechRadar says “Open source software is more important to the UK than ever”
- The Developer features OpenUK State of Open Report